family

family

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Spot

Here I sit... in my spot... coffee in hand, in awe of the beautiful creation surrounding me. There is this amazing tree out my window, and as I sit here, all the worries of the world fade as I realize the splendor of our King! The foothills of the Himalayas lay right out side the window and I can only imagine how majestic is our God as I marvel at his wondrous creation. Out my window is also lots of people... its India, right? Always lots of people. And people are the height of God's creation. I love the hustle and bustle of crowds of people, but today I can just sit and observe in the peacefulness of my spot by the window.
I did not realize how much this temporary house could feel like a home. When we moved in, it seemed really, "Indian" without very many fancy or new things or the conveniences of home. The color of our bedroom is a pale mint green, and there are water stains on all the ceilings. Our freezer is about the size of a dorm fridge and the washing machine is semi automatic. (quite fascinating... I had never seen one like this! Ryan is great about doing laundry, so I don't complain about the slight inconvenience of moving the clothes back and forth from the soapy water to the spinner since he does it!).  But its home. And in my spot, everything looks better. I have found that if I have a place where I daily go to spend time with the Lord, it easily becomes a priority the first thing in my day. And how much better is life when we make Him our priority!?!
Being at home is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment